Friday, June 13, 2008

Dedicated through Passion

Everyone I meet here has dedicated their life to something that they are passionate about.  Edwin and the many others have dedicated their lives to the JL Zwane Center and to help better the lives of the people living in their community.  The staff of interstudy are unbelievably dedicated to everything they do and do their job with so much passion.  Aaron organized this trip out of his motivation and ever growing passion towards the issue of HIV/AIDS and his love of helping college students recognize their potential in the community.  Passion.  It is a such a personal thing and something that I believe we should all be strive to find.  Our group discussed the idea of passion for a while the other day and talked about how discovering your passion can be a bit frightening.  I think that once you are truly passionate about something, it becomes a part of who you are.  You dedicate yourself towards it, it drives you, it changes your life in ways that can never be planned or expected.  It completes you.  I think since I left the United States, I've started discovering what I'm truly passionate about.  As a result, I have found a new excitement about my life.  I hope this excitement continues after I return to the states.

No comments: