Friday, June 13, 2008

Leaving Kenya I was incredibly nervous to come to South Africa and meet up with a group of students that were coming directly from the United States and hadn't all had previous experience in an third world country. Part of me was scared that I wouldn't be able to relate to them very easily or that I'd be considered the girl who thinks she is superior to the rest of the group since I had spent so much time previously in an African country. I am happy to say that I discovered that I had nothing to worry about. I can honestly say that I have met some of the most inspiring and amazing college students of my life. Every single person is so different, yet we somehow manage to remain extremely cohesive. I have truly enjoyed these past 3 weeks learning and growing with each other. So to my fellow leadership minor students, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the amazing individuals you are. You all have truly impacted me in unique ways that will never be forgotten. I love you all! South Africa '08...Incredible!!!!!!! Can't wait for part 2!

No comments: