Thursday, June 12, 2008

~The Love of Being Abroad~

My Reflections

Broken in so many ways
Life is unfamiliar
Who am I really...I wonder

For years I've been taught
certain things
believed certain truths
acted in certain ways
influenced by certain lives

...now I'm away from the certainties of my life

I'm left here, somewhat alone
No one truly knowing my past

I'm free

Free from stereotypes
Free from expectations
Free from outside pressure
Of who I'm suppose to be
What I'm suppose to do
How I'm suppose to look
What I'm suppose to feel

I'm free

Free to focus on me
Figure out what I want to be
How I want to live my life
What I want to accomplish
And discover the path that I want to take

To choose my life, my way, myself.

...the moment I stop searching within, I will have stopped living the life I want to live.

~Katherine Rose

No comments: